If you’re planning to go kiteboarding in Tarifa, Dakhla, or Bora Bora, you might be wondering how to travel with your kiteboarding gear. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to do, and there are a few different ways to do it.
The best way to travel with kiteboarding gear is to use a kiteboard bag. These bags are designed specifically for kiteboarding gear and they will make sure that all of your gear is packed securely. You can also find kiteboard bags with wheels, which will make it even easier to transport your gear.
Buy a Kiteboard or Golf Travel Bag
The best way to travel with kiteboarding equipment is in a kite bag with wheels. I use the Duotone Quiver Combibag, which fits 2-3 boards and 4-5 kites. It’s very useful for transporting your equipment.
If you are looking for a lighter kite bag, The Mystic Elevate Boardbag is a great choice. It only weighs 1.8kg without wheels, and it is my second kite bag for travel. It is well-made and has plenty of room for all of your kite gear.
As kite bags, golf bags are also a nice option for traveling with kite gear. They are spacious and have compartments that can hold all the kite equipment securely.
Some airlines still allow golf luggage free of charge, so it is definitely worth considering if you are planning to travel with your kite gear.
What’s in My Kiteboard Bag
Generally, I travel with two bags, one for my personal belongings and another bag for my kiteboarding gear.
Let me tell you which gears I take into my kite bag. I always take my 2 kites, one for light winds, of course, as well as my kiteboard, foils, a bar, and harness. I also pack a spare kite line and a few other essential items like a pump and a repair kit.
Otherwise, I take my kitesurfing sunglasses for sunny weather. And wetsuit, sunscreen, and my GoPro Hero 11. These are all essential items that I need in order to have a great time kitesurfing!
How to Pack Kiteboarding Travel Bag?
Packing your kitesurfing bag can sometimes be a tough situation, but I know from experience that it doesn’t have to be! Here are some tips for easy packing of your kiteboard bag:
- First and foremost, make sure that you have all of the essential kitesurfing gear with you. This includes your kite, board, harness, wetsuit, and bar.
- Once you have all of your gear, start packing it into your bag in a logical way. For example, put your boards in first, then your kites, and so on. You may also want to put your screws, fins, and screwdriver in a small bag to keep them from harming your gear.
- Try to avoid packing too much gear into your bag. The more gear you have, the heavier your bag will be and the harder it will be to transport.
- If possible, pack your kitesurfing bag in a way that allows you to easily access all of your gear. This will make it much easier to get everything out when you’re ready to hit the water!
- Finally, don’t forget to check agreements from your airline to prevent any costs and rejections.
Now that you know how to pack your kitesurfing gear, it’s time to hit the waves! If you have any questions, be sure to check out this video for more information. With proper packing and preparation, you’ll be ready to enjoy all that kitesurfing has to offer.